Rainbow Hand Embroidery Pattern - a DIY pattern for contemporary and modern embroidery.
This pattern was created in response to the recent COVID-19 crisis - £5 from each sale will be donated to Steps to Hope (more info below).
This PDF download contains:
* printable rainbow embroidery pattern
* advice on materials, thread colours, and transferring your pattern to fabric
* comprehensive instructions for each stage of the project
* 4-page stitch guide, giving instructions and tips on all the stitches this project needs
* stitching key, showing where to use different stitches
This pattern is designed to fit an 8 inch hoop, but could be scaled up or down to match any size.
This is a PDF download only, so you will need to source fabric, embroidery thread, needles, an embroidery hoop, and dressmaker's carbon paper (all easy to find online and elsewhere if you don't have them at home already). Please make sure that you have a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Acrobat), and access to a printer.
Steps to Hope is a registered charity which supports the homeless and those suffering from addiction in Edinburgh. They provide an on-street presence to hand out the basic necessities to those in need, signpost people to relevant mutual aid groups and will pay for temporary shelter for those willing to make a change in their lives by taking a step towards recovery. The charity’s work is more important than ever during this unprecedented crisis and they desperately need support and funding from the public in order to continue to help some of the most vulnerable in our society.